A few things to keep in mind when you are in the process of moving.
Moving can be an exciting and stressful time, and even the most organized homebuyers can forget important tasks during the process. To avoid any unexpected surprises, here are some important things to think about when moving:
1. Your banking needs. Check if your bank has a branch in your new city. If not, you may need to switch banks, especially if your bank is regional. Also, don't forget to collect anything in your safety deposit box before you leave.
2. Your medical needs. Ask your doctor to call in prescriptions to a pharmacy in your new town so that you have time to find the right doctor, not just one that is available. Keep your old doctor's number for forwarding paperwork to your new one. Look for doctors in your new area that accept your health insurance plan. Try to switch providers or update your plan before you move.
3. Your memberships. Remember to transfer or resign your memberships from local organizations, gyms, associations, and clubs. Be prepared for any termination fees and factor them into your moving costs.
"Moving can be challenging, but keeping these tips in mind can make things easier."
4. School records. Ask the school system for copies of your children's records to take with you.
5. The food in your kitchen. Raid your kitchen about a month before moving. Use up any frozen goods to avoid waste, and give away or donate any unopened food in your pantry that will be bulky and heavy to transport.
6. Your car. Tune up your car to avoid a breakdown on the way to your new home. If you have a trusted mechanic, ask for a referral near your new address if it's a long drive.
Moving can be challenging, but keeping these tips in mind can make things easier for you. If you have any questions about selling your home, feel free to contact us via phone, email, or text. We look forward to hearing from you!